Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What a gift...

Marty and I live 846 miles apart from each other, but this weekend made those 846 miles seem a whole lot smaller. When we started dating long distance, we said we'd see each other every 2 to 3 weeks. This past weekend was visit number one. And what a great weekend it was!

I'm so impressed with who Marty is...

He's adventurous. We went for a hike on Saturday afternoon, but only hiked on a trail for a little bit of it. The rest of the time we were walking around the woods, climbing over fallen trees, picking & eating wild raspberries, and hanging out in a really beautiful meadow.

He's friendly. I started leading with Younglife, and we took the students water skiing on Saturday morning at the Boulder Res. Marty was comforting to have there, because he was intentional about getting to know the college students and helping them have a good time. He's a great water skiier, too! :)

He's challenging. On Saturday night, we went out for dinner and Mart was able to ask me really good questions about where I'm going in life. They definitely got me thinking and challenged me to really explore my passions.

He's fun! The weekend was great partially because we really do have a bunch of fun together. We laugh a lot.

He's willing. Marty met a lot of important people in my life over the course of 3 days. This could be an intimidating thing, but he handled it well. In fact, everyone is raving about how great he is. I couldn't agree more! I appreciate how much he talked with my parents and wanted to get to know them.

He's romantic. Enough said... :)

He's intentional. It's obvious that Marty wants to know my heart well. He thinks things through and openly shares. With his lead and example, I'm definitely able to do the same.

He's picking me up from the St. Louis airport in 16 days. I'm really excited to see Mart's life out in Missouri. To see his house, his school, his favorite places, what makes him smile, where he goes to unwind, his church, and his favorite people.

This weekend definitely made me appreciate and excited about the time we get to share with each other. The richness of the time spent together makes living 846 miles apart totally worth it.

::Pictures from the weekend::
(But really just from Sunday... my camera was dead the other two days)


saturday night was date night

pearl street with my parents

we went to lucile's with my parents, uncle steve, and cousin beth to
celebrate my birthday (sept. 3)


he's such a great guy!

No comments: