Sunday, August 2, 2009

fulfilled.

I've been playing keys at church this weekend. Being part of the worship team is truly an honor... and so stinkin' fun!

God has blown me away with the mystery of His love. There's one song in particular that we've been playing that speaks to my core. It's called Your Love...

What is this love that ran to meet me in my brokenness
That sought to cover all my shamefullness
Love that brought me home

What is this love that overwhelmed me with extravagance
That clothed me in your righteousness
Love that brought me home

It's your love that draws me to my knees
And even when I'm far from you it reaches out to me
It's your love that brings me back to life
That brings me running to your side
It's your love

Your love outruns my wayward heart
And now I'm alive, now I'm alive
Your boundless grace outweighs my sin
And now I'm alive, now I'm alive

It's this love that causes me to love Him back. I can't love on my own. I have no idea how.

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
(1 John 4:9-10)

My sin has disconnected me from God. My desires to serve myself. My ideas that I know what's best. When I choose anything other than what God had in mind. All those things make it impossible for me to be connected to God. But Christ came to reconnect me back to God. So that I can experience this life that God has laid out for me. So that I can know God, his love, and his Son. So that I can love others well.

That's love.

No comments: