Friday, January 30, 2009

Remembering John...


Tonight I'm sad... I lost a friend who I never actually met.

John Breaux was a familiar face in our community. He was an older man who we'd see around town picking up trash, collecting carts, holding the doors at stores, and giving free smiles and hand shakes at my church. John was different... he was bold yet so quiet. I had never heard him speak, and I think all I've ever said to him was "hello". John let people know the best, yet simplest message by writing "Jesus Loves You" in the snow. I was intrigued by this man and who he was.

John was walking on the side of the road with his bike (a usual sight) when he got hit by a car this afternoon. Here's the article on the Daily Camera website.

This simple man touched my life, and I know that my life isn't the only one that was touched.

Compassion, humility, truth, love, kindness, friendship... thank you for being an incredible example, John Breaux.

I can only imagine how eager our God was to tell his son "well done, good and faithful servant" after John's step into Glory.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Poor guy, I remember him waving from his bike.

Here's a better link to the story...

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009/jan/30/John-Breaux-lousiville-man-killed-in-287-accident/