Sunday, February 1, 2009

January is... gone?

This weekend was great.

God was glorified through John's death. A community came together... it's unlike anything I've seen out here in our small town. This afternoon after church I drove by the site where John passed away. Traffic going by was stop-and-go because so many people were on the side of the road paying their respects. Police and firemen were there to direct traffic and make sure everything ran smoothly. Tons of people had left flowers and balloons. The neatest thing was that someone had locked a bike with grocery bags on the handle bars to a tree... the entire bike was painted white...


I'm thankful that John didn't go unnoticed. In fact, as far as I know, nobody in our community has been this well noticed or recognized. But John didn't care about recognition. He just wanted to be everybody's friend. Our pastor Jim said that most of the time, John was asking how he could help. People love this man, and it's so neat to see everyone honoring him.

On a lighter note...

*Bjorn and I got to hang out Friday night.
*I chopped my hair off... I was getting sick of pony tails (because that's the only thing I had the patience to do)... I'll post pictures soon!
*After church on Saturday night, my buddy Kevin and I went to Denver to enjoy beers and burgers at the Cherry Cricket... so good! We had a great time! And we laughed a lot... Always a good thing!
*I went to church again this morning (yep... same church... same sermon... same worship) with some Bible Study friends. It was fun to see them outside of Tuesday nights!
*My parents had some friends over for the Super Bowl... My mom made our Dutch tradition... Oliebollen. Dutch donuts.
*I realized tonight how much I really do enjoy football. That was a great game! I was hoping that the Cardinals would win, but they played really well. I guess you can't win everything, right?

Hey, have a wonderful week! Maybe this week we can all focus on living a little like John Breaux... sacrificially and with a smile!

No comments: