Thursday, February 5, 2009

I guess you could say that I've kept my New Year's Resolution...

I'm not a huge fan of people who brag about how on top of things they are, so I'm not trying to do that at all. I've just recognized some changes in my lifestyle and I'm really enjoying it.

I go to the gym. I know you're supposed to go to the gym a lot. I don't. But because I pay for it, I feel more obligated to go. I don't even think I really know what I'm doing... all I know is that I should get my heart rate higher for 30 minutes. And I do some abs on the exercise ball. Sometimes I'll use weights to work on my arms or legs. Oh, and I watched a video online about how to use a rowing machine... so I guess that means I know how to use it. Ha.

I have a reusable grocery bag that I'll use if I remember. Save the pandas. I guess that has absolutely nothing to do with how I feel... maybe it makes me happy, I don't know.

I like to eat healthy foods. In fact, when I eat junk, I feel like junk (funny how that happens -- you are what you eat, I guess). I think what's keeping me healthier is that I love fresh fruits and vegetables... I've discovered an awesome little market in Boulder called Sunflower Market. Their ploy to get you into their store is by selling cheap produce, meats, and bulk foods. Last week I enjoyed french vanilla granola, walnuts, pecans, and raspberry yogurt a few times for breakfast. Mmmm!

I like to drink soy chai lattes right now. I'm sure I'll get sick of them soon and find another drink. Vanilla soy milk and Oregon chai = great! Sometimes I think about how they get soy milk... do they milk a bean? I don't know, I just buy a carton. It works for me.

Cutting my hair off helped with the lifestyle change, too! To me, it's fun.

It's 70 degrees outside today... so instead of sitting inside, I'm going to get out there. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

bec said...

oh nettle. such nice choices you are making in your life!

i was in a boot for tendonitis for a month, and today was the first time in a month that i got to take a walk for the simple purpose of exercising. that, AND the weather is beautiful - 58 degrees! i was thanking god for restoring my body and giving me a chance to enjoy the weather.

you chopped your hair? how? pictures???

Anonymous said...

good job annette!

and yes, wasnt it a wonderful day in February!? I was in shorts & sandals!