Monday, January 19, 2009

Jehovah-jireh

I want to be like my friends who blog. It's a neat way to keep track of what's going on in each others lives.... So here I go, I'm beginning this journey with my new blog.

I'm amazed at the Lord's provision. In fact, I'm quite blown away. Ever since I graduated back in May, He's shown me that He will indeed take care of me... not always in the ways that I want or expect, but in His perfect way.

I just started an awesome job as a nanny for a 10-month-old named Bjorn. He's a sweet baby who likes to show off his skills: clapping and saying "moo" when I say "Bjorn, a cow says....". I spend 9 hours a day with him, Monday through Thursday. We get to hang out, go for walks, go to the park, work on eating finger foods (Moms -- any ideas? He's getting a little bored with Cheerios). But what blessed me this morning was realizing that while he's napping in the morning, I get to spend time with the Lord. So, the Lord has provided for me a job where I'll get to know Him more intimately. Bjorn's parents are great, too... I'm glad they trust me with their baby!


Baby Bjorn


I'm not one to worry too much about money, but up until last week, I had been jobless since November. November 19, to be exact. I didn't know where I was going to come up with finances to last me til the middle of January (with Christmas and a vacation in Phoenix thrown in the mix). It's been such a treat to watch the Lord provide for me in tangible ways through a ton of odd jobs... House sitting, babysitting, heading to Downtown Denver to watch some kids, and even gracious parents who lovingly support me while still encouraging me to become completely independent.

I was discouraged about the lack of friends in my life. The Lord gave me a great roommate last fall (roommate by force) named Elise, and we've gotten to hang out and become closer since she lives just over in Boulder. She's living with her parents, too... Really, all the cool kids are doing it. We've gotten involved at our church, Flatirons, and have met some fun and neat friends there. We're going rock climbing with the guys tonight... The guys are great rock climbers, we are not. Wish us luck.

The weather today is awesome... I love love LOVE Colorado! I think it's going to get up to 65 degrees (and yes, it is January 19), so in a little bit, Bjorn and I are going to walk to the park.

No comments: