Monday, December 21, 2009

Days seven and eight: Sing

I was out in St. Louis this past weekend for Marty's 26th Birthday... my blogging wasn't a big priority while celebrating with my man.

One of the highlights of the weekend was a concert at an old old church in downtown St. Louis (we're talking mid-1800's... so cool!). The group was a 60-person choir called The National Lutheran Choir. Their voices were beautiful and it was such a gift to hear the music that Marty loves so much.

Here's a clip of the choir...



What a treat to hear such rich music this Christmas season!

I'm reminded of the angels the night Jesus was born...

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly
host praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”


I can imagine that the song that night was different than any song that had been heard before.

Gloria in excelsis Deo... Glory to God in the highest!

No comments: