Thursday, January 28, 2010

home.

This song brought tears to my eyes this morning. I've heard it a thousand times, but today something struck me...



I've been feeling pretty homesick the past couple of days. If I'm busy job hunting or cooking dinner with Marty, I don't feel much of it. But it's in the moments when I'm by myself or thinking about Colorado that I feel it the most. After searching my heart this morning, I realized something: I miss home because that's where I found my identity. I found my identity in the people I surrounded myself with, in the comfort I felt, in the things I did. Now I don't have those things anymore... I have a new love, a new place to live, and new things to do in life.

Maybe... just maybe... God has taken me out of Colorado not only to fall deeper in love with a wonderful man, but to fall deeper in love with Jesus. Because no matter where I am or what I'm doing...

...HE is home.

3 comments:

Danielle White Versluys said...

Idea: while you can't find a job, how about checking around and seeing where you can volunteer? Soup kitchens, Salvation Army thrift stores, crisis pregnancy centers, etc... That would give you something to fill your time, and while not a money maker, it would still be productive and rewarding in a different way. Lots of ministries need manpower right now because donations are down but need is up.

That's something I miss about college/post-college days... being able to volunteer without having to find a babysitter. :-)

Hope you find something soon!

caroleen said...

Hi there-oh to be young and homesick and in love! Another word for "Growing Up"!You really are feeling normal feelings-feelings we all have felt and gone through and made it safely through:!Praying for you as you make a new home and new friends and new job and maybe even a new family....
love you,
Aunt Caroleen

Kellie said...

I agree that this is the perfect time for God to draw you nearer to Himself. I have never felt so close to God as when I moved to New Mexico without knowing a soul. But also, it's absolutely fine to miss people and Colorado. I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all.