Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Finally.

Thursday is my last day of work.

Saturday is the day Marty flies out here.

Monday morning is when we hop in the car and move me out to St. Louis.

Recently, the fact that I'm moving out east has felt a lot more real. Before, it was a thought, a conversation, a far-off idea. But now, it's happening!

I'm excited to live in the same place as my love.

I'm nervous about meeting new friends and starting a life out there. I know the city, but I wonder how long it'll be until it feels like 'home'. Will it ever feel like home? With Marty down the street, I'm sure it will feel like home pretty quickly.

I'm looking forward to date nights after work, going on runs together, cheering for Marty and his team at baseball games, weekends together, and phone calls where we get to say things like "I'll see you in a bit" or "come over at 5" or "I'll be right there".

I'm wondering what kind of a job I'll get. Substitute teaching? Starbucks? Who knows!

All I know is that this move means life is changing. I'm almost packed. I like that it's reality.

2 comments:

Kevin and Angie said...

"moving out east"? Ha ha ha! It's St. Louis! It's the midwest! Oh, you silly Coloradoan.

Seriously, though, I hope it goes well. I have lots of friends in STL. Let me know if you need some.

-Kevin

annette said...

It's east of Colorado!!