Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A sweet wedding at Camp...

My best friend Jill and I both worked at Camp Timberline last summer. Before heading up in May, we went to the Gap to get a few things for our time up in Estes Park. The cashier at the store asked what we were doing for the summer and after we told her about being camp counselors, she said "oh... I met my husband at camp! Maybe you will, too!" Jill, being the non-dater that she was, quickly responded "no.... not me...."

Well, a year and a few months later and she married the man she met at Camp Timberline.

And they had a really sweet Camp T-style wedding weekend... complete with the zip line and baked oatmeal.


Jill and Zach are so in love. It was so sweet to stand up with Jill as her almost-husband wept through his vows. It was sweet to pray for them as they took communion together. It was special to watch my best friend kiss her new husband for the first time as a married lady.

After the ceremony, the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and the newlyweds got in a huddle and said "Holy Matrimony on three... one... two... three... Hold Matrimony!" Then we ran inside to warm up... it was about 35 degrees during the ceremony and yes, we were outside.

The reception was very "Zach and Jill-ish"... burgers and fries for dinner, cupcakes for dessert, fun dancing, and fires in the lodge to warm our cold fingers. It even started snowing during the party. The Griffins left to us throwing birdseed at them... apparently Zach found some later that night in his ear.

What a great time! I loved having Marty as my date. Spending the weekend with him up at Camp was a neat experience for me. It was relaxing, fun, and an adventure (I expect nothing less from that man...). My parents were at the wedding and stayed the night in Estes, so the four of us walked around a snowy lake the next morning.

Jill is married. That's still weird to say! But I'm so happy for her as she begins this journey with Zach.

:: the weekend ::


we hiked with my cousin beth, who is attending ravencrest bible college in estes.


cute table decorations

getting ready in our cabin!

:: the wedding ::

oh hello, twin sisters...

steepest aisle... ever....

jill's bridesmaids


her groom was coming to get her



the griffins!



:: the reception ::

the lodge looked great!

cupcakes... mmm...

jill and her mom made the bouquets





my hot date :)

college roommates!

so happy together


:: sunday morning hike ::





i feel so blessed that i get to date this man...


No comments: