Monday, March 2, 2009

Sub Love

1429 11th Avenue was a great house. It'll always be one of my favorites... not because it was painted a cute yellow color, not because we had an awesome couch that could seat 20 people, not because we had two refrigerators, and not because the of the squeaky staircases.

I simply loved living with 5 amazing women.

Our big yellow house got the name "The Sub" soon after we moved in (you know, we all live in a yellow submarine). It stuck.

Yesterday we had a little Sub reunion... Jamie and Becca were in from out of state and Bianca and Megan drove over from Greeley. It was a sweet time filled with stories, memories, and laughter. It was so great to see the girls again and to all be in the same place. It's been a while since we've had the chance to do that.


Bianca got married in December and lives in Greeley. She's one of the most compassionate people I know. Becca lives in Kansas City and loves doggies. She's a forever friend... always laughing or making people laugh. Megan is finishing up school in Greeley and speaks Spanish like a pro. She's super passionate about what she does and inspires others to come alongside her. Jamie is living with her husband in Iowa while he finishes up pharmacy school. She has a really sweet spirit. That's what I think of those girls.

I love the pictures that Bianca's husband took of us...



2 comments:

bec said...

AHHH I LOVE IT.

nettie, i'm 98% sure i am moving back. in like a month. let's hang.

Danielle White Versluys said...

I was disappointed.

I read the title, and started salivating.

I thought for sure I'd be treated to an in-depth description of a turkey on wheat with all the fixings.

Nice pictures, but couldn't you have at least included just one real sub?