Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm on Spring Break

Except I'm not in school.

Bjorn's dad is a professor and he does get Spring Break so they headed to Mexico... and I headed to California. My brother and sister in law are in Australia, so I'm out here with my mom to hang out with Roma.

We started off in Los Angeles on Thursday night where we met up with the California Versluys' to get the kid and the car. Long story short, I spent almost two and a half hours at In-N-Out Burger while people and luggage were shuttled from and to the airport.

After dinner in LA, we headed to Bakersfield to spend a few days at my grandma's house. We had brunch with my aunts, got pedicures, took naps, and played Scrabble. (ahem... I got a whoppin' 321 points...)

Today we drove the 3 hours to my Aunt Netti and Uncle Dan's house outside of Solvang. They have a GREAT house. Their 5 kids (Taylor, Paige, Blake, Grant, and Luke) have a ton of fun things to do... a trampoline, swimming pool, animals, go-carts. The snakes get out of their cage every once in a while -- it keeps life interesting. My aunt is such a talented hostess and a great friend. It's very relaxing at their house!

I'll be in California for another week and I'm looking forward to a bunch of relaxing and being with family. More stories and pictures to come...

No comments: