Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Enjoying this sweet time

... it has been far too long since I last posted a blog.

The month of March was crazy and amazing and beautiful and meaningful all at the same time. The last time I wrote, the man I love so much had proposed only hours earlier. What a whirlwind it was to realize my life is changing and to feel so chosen and loved. It took a while for reality to set in - I kept thinking wow, do I really get to marry this guy?!

We hit the ground running with our wedding plans. Asking our attendants to be a part of our wedding was special... my best friend, Jill, was honored. My sister in law laughed (and said yes, of course). Cousin Emily squealed. Marty's sisters were shocked and glad I asked them. My favorite reaction of them all: Roma. One of the flower girls.

I think our favorite part of planning so far has been the registering. While walking around Target and Crate & Barrel, we'd see something to add to our list, and Marty would gleefully say, let me hear that beep!

A mid-March trip to snowy Colorado allowed for an awesome day with my mom and Jill to find THE DRESS. I found it. And since Marty reads this blog, that's all I'm going to say about it...

I could go on and on about details (like a fantastic honeymoon in the Upper Northwest), but I won't. One thing that I've learned is that instead of getting caught up in the planning and details of the "day", to enjoy the man I get to spend my life with. He's an amazing helper with all of the things that need to get finished, but I'm most thankful that through the process since we've gotten engaged, I've truly seen his heart beat less and less for himself, and more and more for us.

There are 109 days until we get to truly be "us" and I couldn't be happier!

No comments: