Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy Monday!!

Whew, it's been over a month since I moved to Missouri. I've definitely enjoyed myself and have loved getting to know Marty better in the same city.

My job is going well (I'm actually enjoying it!). It's been nice to get to know some of the people I work with. In a typical week, I work during the day twice and at night once. I hope to add some more hours, but for now I'm thankful that I even have a job.

Last weekend, Marty and I ventured 11 1/2 hours in the car to Santa Rosa, Florida. It's a small beach community between Destin and Panama City Beach. We were supposed to meet up with two other couples, but due to sickness and snow, it ended up just being us. It was a nice weekend to learn more about each other and enjoy uninterrupted time together. Highlights included a great walk on the beach followed by a beautiful sunset, time in the sun (it was a little cold... but it was definitely warmer than chilly St. Louis!), and a funny seafood hunt. We were thankful for the house that was generously given to us for the weekend.

So, life in St. Louis isn't only a giant blessing, it's also really fun!

What do we do out here? Well... we cook, run, play, laugh, go to the park, walk around the museums (I haven't mentioned yet, but a bunch of great museums and the zoo are all free out here! Can't beat that!), learn, watch Jeopardy (and lately the Olympics), work, chat, and enjoy life.

Life is good.

Oh, and Marty says hi.

:)

No comments: